The mediterranean gay pride is coming in next few weeks. The event starts offically June 20th and runs until the 1st of July. More than 30 charitable businesses, local businesses, and the LGBT have come together to offer over 10 days of entertainment, culture, and meetings that is 100% non profit (we like non-profit!!!).
As the organizers put in their offical guide “Our country is an example of LGBT rights, and is already on the global map for pride celebrations”. This being said we at Barcelona Holiday Accommodation agree that you can fly whatever colour you are here in Barcelona as it is a safe and open minded community.
Here is the schedule for Barcelona Pride 2012:
- 1830h At Restaurant GUT (c/ Perill, 13) the oepning of the exhibition ‘Masking 12′
- 1900h Palau Sant Jordi (Montjuic) Madonna 2012 Tour
- 0230h At Metro Disco (Sepluveda, 185) Cheer or be cheered as Mr. Pride BCN 2012 is unveiled.
- 1600h get your chance to to debate on issues that are important in the LGBT community (Palau Robert, Pg. de Gracia, 107)
- 2200-0230h between (c/ diputacion 174 and 161) are rocking out their Hello Pride & Pride night parties, check them out for speacials and free rainbow flags
- 2300h-0300h If you like underwear partys, check out Moeem (c/ muntaner, 11)
- 1100h-0000h Got an old pair of undies you’d like to change for a new pair of ESCollection skivies..check out Boyberry (c/ Calabria, 96)
- 1730h If you’re into the arts please check out the comic launch of ‘Victor & Alex’ by Javi Cuho and David Cantero @ antinous (c/ Josep Ansel Clave, 6 )
- 2200h-0300h Black night for all you naughty ones out there with it being full on and not so full light at New Chaps (c/ Diagonal, 365)
- 0000h-0300h Eight ball @ Caberet Berlin is a must with its alternative house scene and rocking hard for Sant Joan (c/ Bailen, 22)
- 0000h-0500h To keep the night rocking on Sant Joan check out Sant Joan @ Pride…1 ticket and you get to enjoy 4 clubs!! (c/ Balmes, 32)
- 2000h Into a little theatre?? Lola and Caroline set to the stage in ‘Toda una vida’ (Passeig Isabel II, 4)
- all day at the Sauna Buenos Aires get your pride on with La festa de Calcotets (c/ Urgell, 114)
- 2200h Movie night as a special showing of ‘My name is harvey Milk’ at ETC Bar (Vic- Barcelona)
- 1200-0000h Great photo expo to check out by: Aurelio Monge, Atila Marquez, and Manolo Rueda @ Addicted (c/ Casanova, 75)
- 2100h @ La Caldera check out a great drag show w/ Ari i La Megapublilla (c/ Torrent d’en Vidalet, 43)
- 0300h Getloose at the Sauna Casanova (c/ Casanova, 57) as after hour DJs spin and its sure ot be a hot affair.
- 2000h Opening art expo of ‘ L’Homosexualitat a traves de la historia’ (C. Civic Can Pau Raba, VIC Barcelona)
- 2000h If you are lucky enough to get an invitation, Hotel Axel is rocking out an exclusive party with DJs Ale Amaral & Ramil ( the offical Pride 2012 hymne and do you believe in love) (c/ Aribau, 33)
- 2300h-0230h Pridechicas rocks out Aire (C/ Valencia, 236) where its a Pride girls only party
- 2300-0239h come to Addicted (C/ Casanova, 75) to check out the Mr. Gay Catalunya contest
- 2300-0230h If Mr Catalunya/Pridechicas isn’t your style come party @ Museum (c/ Sepluveda, 178) for the Colours party
- 1000h-0200h Pride Beach day…where its time to get the legs out and show off those tanned bodies (Chiringay, Platja de La Mar Bella)
- 2030h Get your sport on with open-door training w/ games and music (Can Ricart, Sant Oleguer, 10)
- 2200h-0300h 80′s Disco party @ New Chaps (c/ Diagonal, 365)
- 2300h- 0300h Pride to be a woman party @ the Hotel Axel (C/ Aribau, 33)
- 0000h-0500h Pride Night @ Arena Vip (c/ Gran Via, 593), where everyone can get their dance on.
- 0930h If you saved yourself friday night, why not enter in the first Cross against homophobia. 5 kms is nothing to show your support for more info www.v3rtice.com/cross
- 1000h Pride kids – A great event filled with tons of fun with LGF families (Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina)
- 1130h Pride Village Opening (Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina) w/ Barcelona Rainbow singers, and the Panteres Gorgues Chorus)
- 1200h Enjoy the Barcelona sunshine paying street Basketball right in the Pride Village. Organized by Panteres Gorgues (Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina)
- 1200-2100h In the amusment park up in Tibidabo just 10eurs gets you in to enjoy the rides and great views of BCN (Parc D’Atraccions Del Tibidabo)
- 2000h Get your heels on because there’s the high heeled race going on with the winner getting 250eur! super funny and loads of laughs.
- 2100h Miss Pride Drag is being held on the main stage of the Pride Village and should set to be a all diva event!
- 2300h-0130h After Miss Pride Drag has collected her flowers get ready for the huge foam party that will be held in the Pride village… the best thing is…ITS FREE!
- 1000h The Pride village opens to exhibitor activities
- 1100h The 4th annual Pride Bike Ride Stating in the Pride Village
- 1200h If riding your bike isn’t your think @ Piscines Pi i Cornell Av. de L’Estadi, 30 check out the male synchronized swimming!
- 1800h THE MAIN EVENT The 4th annual LGBT Pride parade sets off from Placa universitat and will finish back at the pride village (2kms)
- 2000h This is what pride is all about… Over 10 amazing performers, ranging from Marta Walsh (Its raining men)- Soraya will be preforming and showing their Pride spirit.
Well there you have it…. your one stop Barcelona Pride Guide!! Hopefully we’ll see you out there showing your colours and please remember to post your Pride pics on either our Sitges Page or our Barcelona Page.